Benefits of Mentor Connect:
- Explore the world of work through interaction with professionals in the career of your choice.
- Gain perspective on applying textbook concepts to real-life situations.
- Familiarize yourself with corporate protocol.
- Identify long-term professional development needs.
- Realize the value of networking.
- Develop a meaningful professional relationship over a specified period of time.
Mentor Connect Criteria for Students:
- 2.5 G.P.A.
- Has completed more than 15 credits (any college level courses)
- Must be currently enrolled in courses at WCC during participating semesters
- Completed the application
- Letter of interest
- Referral letter (from faculty, counselor or advisor)
Professionals are matched with students based on the profession and field of interest of the student.
Commitment level is based on student/professional availability and need, through the length of the student’s enrollment. Student is only able to request a professional once. If there is a compelling circumstance, the student may be granted a second professional by the committee.