Getting Started

  1. Complete an application for admission to Washtenaw Community College.
  2. Complete Connect Session – new student orientation and COMPASS/ALEKS testing through the Admissions Office.
  3. Complete FAFSA. SRC staff can also assist with FAFSA process.
  4. Make an appointment with the Student Resource Center to begin the initial interview process. Appointments can take place face-to-face or virtually using a computer and web cam or smartphone. To schedule an appointment we can be reached at 734-677-5105.

Funding Deadlines (if deadline falls on a weekend day, deadline is following Monday)

  • Spring/Summer: April 15
  • Fall: July 15
  • Winter: November 15

Frequently Asked Questions

The center was previously called Student Resource and Women’s Center. Do you serve male students?
The Student Resource Center serves students of all genders, including men. Approximately 20% of the center’s students are male.

Do I need to have an appointment at Student Resource Center?
Appointments are necessary for us to provide the individual services, which differentiate us from other service providers on campus. Appointments can take place face-to-face or virtually using a computer and web cam or smartphone. To schedule an appointment, call the Student Resource Center at 734-677-5105.

What should I bring to my appointment at the Student Resource Center?
The more information we have the better we can meet your needs. We would like you to bring all or as much as you can of the following:

  • Most recent tax forms (federal), current pay stub or other proof of income
  • Financial aid award or denial letter
  • Child care bill
  • Class schedule
  • Intake Sheet (if provided)

Will the Student Resource Center help me if I already get financial aid?
Each person’s situation is looked at individually. We look at total financial aid received and compare it with the student’s educational expenses. If expenses are not covered, we look at alternate sources of funding.

What is the Carl Perkins Grant?
The Carl Perkins Grant provides funding for students in occupational programs who are single parents, displaced homemakers, or non-traditional trainees who require financial assistance to complete an occupational program. Contact the Student Resource Center at 734-677-5105 for more information.

What is an Emergency Grant?
The Student Emergency Fund (SEF) is designated to assist WCC students with emergencies that occur during the semester. The maximum annual award is $500 per student upon availability of funds. For more information and an application, click here. Applications are handled through the Emergency Grant Foundation Committee. If you have any questions, call 734-973-3665 or email